Resident Services Berro Property Management
We know how challenging it can be to search for a rental unit in Southern California. Competition can be fierce for the best options and it can take weeks of searching through ads to find something that is worth looking at. It’s enough to test the patience of anyone, especially when you are facing a deadline or the end of an existing lease.
At Berro Property Management, we make that job a little easier by offering a wide-ranging portfolio of properties from well appointed to affordable apartment communities and single-family homes. We also offer our residents convenient payment options, unparalleled customer service, friendly and helpful resident managers and an office staff that will guide prospective residents to a new home.
We believe in providing the best customer service and tenant experience in the industry. You will find our rentals clean and well maintained. We are always quick to respond to questions and concerns and we address emergency maintenance issues as quickly as possible. If you are in the market for a great rental, please let us know. We might have exactly what you are looking for!
We strive to ensure that each new resident has a positive experience; therefore the leasing process includes the following:
- A comprehensive move-in conference with the Property Manager or Property Supervisor where the lease is reviewed and completed.
- Provision of an instructional packet containing important information to assist new residents in settling into their new home.
- An inspection of the property performed just prior to the new resident taking possession to ensure that they are off to a good start.
- Documentation of the conditions and features of the property upon move-in and move-out.
CRITERIA FOR RESIDENT SELECTION
- Monthly gross family income must be two and a half (2.5) times the monthly rent.
- One year of verifiable employment and rental history.
- No evictions or unlawful detainers filed.
- No criminal background.
- Credit history will be evaluated with a recommended FICO credit score of 650 points or higher. A lower score will require a larger security deposit (or Renter’s Insurance Payment?)
- Applicant must have clear copies of driver’s license or picture ID and a social security card.
- A $35 Application Processing Fee in the form of a Cashier’s Check or Money Order payable to Berro Property Management from each applicant over the age of seventeen.
- Co-signers are only accepted for students.
PROCEDURES FOR APPLYING FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOUSE
- Contact the Property Manager or the Berro Property Management office.
- Fill out an Application to Rent for each person eighteen years of age or older who will be living there.
- Return the completed application(s) to the Property Manager with a money order for the Application Processing Fee ($35 per application)
- Once applications are processed, the Manager or Property Supervisor will notify you if you are approved or denied.
- First month’s rent and security deposit are to be paid prior to move-in with a cashier’s check or money order.
- Rent is always due on the 1st of the month.