Benefits of Using Berro Property Management
One of the most difficult aspects of being a rental property owner is dealing with residents. Residents who pay their rent on time, take good care of the property and are good neighbors are invaluable. Therefore, our entire staff is committed to retaining these residents. At Berro Property Management, our knowledge and experience in dealing with residents results in lower turnover, reduced vacancies and fewer overall problems.
Locating and placing the right resident in your property in a timely manner can be challenging. Over the years, Berro Property Management has leased more than 20,000 units. We have the experience and discipline to take advantage of every means available to find the right resident quickly.
All Berro Property Management prospective residents go through a thorough screening process designed to minimize your future risk of nonpayment or damage. Our screening process is comprised of:
- Detailed background check including credit score, criminal activity, bankruptcies and checking court records for unlawful detainers and judgments.
- Thorough rental history review and verification of sources.
- Employment and income verification.
We strive to ensure that each new resident has a positive experience; therefore the leasing process includes the following:
- A comprehensive move-in conference with the Property Manager or Property Supervisor where the lease is reviewed and completed.
- Provision of an instructional packet containing important information to assist new residents in settling into their new home.
- An inspection of the property performed just prior to the new resident taking possession to ensure that they are off to a good start.
- Documentation of the conditions and features of the property upon move-in and move-out.
Berro Property Management provides its clients with an excellent solution to all ongoing maintenance and capital improvement needs. Our maintenance services include:
- Experienced and qualified third party vendors who are dedicated to Berro Property Management and its clients.
- Coordination and oversight by our Property Supervisors at no additional cost to you.
- Requirement of your approval prior to any expenditure over $500
- 24/7 emergency assistance to residents
- Retention of a thorough maintenance history for each property.
- Written reports and photographs upon property inspections.
- Strict oversight and enforcement of vendor recalls and administration of all warranties
Our goal is to provide you with the best service possible and to manage your properties efficiently and effectively. Our team is invested in a complete and modern software solution, AppFolio Property Manager. We are excited to share several of the new capabilities and how they will benefit you.
- More effectively market your properties and fill vacancies sooner. AppFolio allows us to quickly advertise vacancies online, posting to our website and hundreds of other listing sites.
- Price rentals right for your market and reduce vacancies. AppFolio’s built-in rental comparison tool provides actual rental rates for units similar to yours in the same geographic location. This insight allows us to maximize your revenue and fill vacancies faster.
- Screen for the best residents. Streamlined, built-in resident screening includes credit and standard background checks (including those for criminal activity) along with past rent payment history. Screens can be completed in minutes – enabling us to place the highest quality residents quickly.
- You will be paid faster and more securely. New functionality provides our team the ability to deposit funds directly into your bank account. No more waiting for a check in the mail.
- Collect rent faster with online payment options. Modern residents expect easy, online payment options. AppFolio gives residents three convenient ways to pay electronically (Cash, E-check or with a credit card).
- On-demand access to your statements. Owner statements are securely posted to an online Owners Portal, saving time and paper. These simple statements provide you with a quick snapshot of your property details for the past month. We can also include maintenance invoices and any additional reports you request.
- Handle property maintenance issues faster. We use AppFolio for electronic work-orders and communication with vendors so we can quickly resolve issues. At your request, we can email you a copy of the work order and relevant information giving you real-time updates.